Friday, July 31, 2026

What I've Been Doing


This is the latest block I quilted on Whiskas n Catnip quilt. I quilted a lot of orange peel all along the major portion of the block. I did a little free motion quilting as well as ruler work in the corners. This block seemed to be a quick one to quilt. I guess it was pretty straight forward to quilt. 


I'm almost ready to knit the toe on these socks. This sock is using up so much more yarn than I expected. I went online to try and find another skein. Many stores were out of it but I did find one store that had it. I'm not sure about the dye lot. I'm hoping that's not an issue. I'll get it next week and then we'll see how it goes. I wish I had bought more when I originally bought it. Sometimes it's better to buy more!

Have a great weekend! I took my mom to the doctor yesterday and all is well!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary, I love your Whiskas n catnip quilt! Your blocks are lovely! I also love the colour and pattern on the sock! I am happy that your mother's doctor appointment went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilting on Whiskas piece; pretty sock color; and so glad that your Mom's report was good;)))) Hugs [on this steamy August 1st!! I am so sick of heat!!] Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Steamy definitely describes the weather today. I stayed indoors as much as I could. Too sticky!!

      Delete
  3. The quilting is looking sooo good on W&C quilt. I like the sock color and the cable pattern. Hooray for your Mom's good doctor's report. Those are always a relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! My mom is almost 87 so any good report is wonderful!

      Delete

More Ruler Work!

 I'm almost done quilting my Whiskas and Catnip Quilt. The borders are complete but I have these flying geese with feathers on either si...