Sunday, June 25, 2017

My Slabs

No automatic alt text available.

I almost forgot to post the slab blocks I made for our block exchange.  This block is about 8 inches square. It was supposed to be mostly blue and turquoise.

No automatic alt text available.

This one is a fall theme. It's also about 8 inches square.

No automatic alt text available.

This one is 6.5 inches square. It is made up of neutrals to browns.

No automatic alt text available.

These are 8 inches square. Directions were anything but green!

These slab blocks are a blast! I got to play in my scrap bag and make something. The fun is that you can use any size scrap you like. You end up using pieces that you thought were too small. I guess the moral of the story is to save the scraps! You can make great blocks from them. 

I'm so happy I was asked to participate in this block swap. I'm planning on making a table runner with my blocks. I'm looking forward to more swaps!

8 comments:

  1. love them! yes it is a very freeing way of making a quilt. I love it when I just want to sew. Jacky and I have something up our sleeves for this Fall. save your orange scraps......and look for some pumpkin recipes....just sayin.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! The fall plans sound intriguing! Can't wait to play!!

      Delete
  2. Great way to use up your pretty stash. I loved "anything but green" as inspiration. (no offense, green).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This swap was so much more fun than I expected. It justifies having a stash!

      Delete
  3. Just lovely slab works you've made! this was such a fun swap. My neutrals are awaiting my 2.5" twosie squares to go around....
    hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Can't wait to see what you make! This swap was so fun. I loved it!

      Delete
  4. What fun blocks to make for a swap! Great to be able to just play while making them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had more fun than expected! I really love symmetry but tried to loosen up and become more unpredictable. So glad you liked them!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...