Tuesday, June 20, 2017

New Books

No automatic alt text available.


I recently bought a couple of books. Quiltfolk is actually a magazine. However, it has no advertisements. I just started reading it. This issue focuses on Iowa. There's only one quilt pattern that I saw when I flipped through it. It looks like an interesting new concept in quilt magazines. It's a bit pricey but that's to be expected if there are no ads. There are lots of articles on people involved in the quilt world. 


Image may contain: shoes and text

Stunning Stitches is the latest book written by Jen Lucas. I love her books. I love to knit shawls and she writes some beautiful patterns. She also has directions for cowls and scarves in this book. I'm trying to pick out my next knit project. I feel the need to start knitting. It's so relaxing to me! I'll let you know when I start!

2 comments:

  1. They both look like good choices! That shawl on the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...