Friday, September 1, 2017

Large Log Cabin Quilt!

Image may contain: indoor

I couldn't include all the blocks in this picture but there are 42 blocks total. They measure about 16 inches square. I finished all the blocks and just wanted to see how they would look when sewn together. It can be difficult to mix blocks made by 2 different people. We all have our own personal way of sewing. I was hoping it wouldn't be too hard to sew them together. 

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

My daughter thought it was funny to see me taking a picture of the blocks. Here I am trying to take a good picture!

Image may contain: indoor

I did sew 3 rows together. I think it looks good so far. It wasn't really that hard to match up the seams. The blocks are not completely uniform but it seems they're close enough to sew together without any major problems. I'm half done, 3 more rows to go! I think this will be a great quilt to stipple all over but I'm going to check with my neighbor before I start the quilting process.


Image may contain: cat

I was busily sewing and not paying attention to my cats. I found Lily sleeping calmly amid a toy she had destroyed. So fresh!!

6 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job with the Log Cabins. Your neighbor is really getting a nice quilt out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I hope she's happy with the end result. I added another row today. 2 rows to go!!

      Delete
  2. your quilt came out great. your neighbor will be so happy. Lily looks like my Phoebe. she looks so sweet and innocent you sure she destroyed the toy? I am not buying it LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! Lily has been known to destroy a toy every so often. I think she was proud of herself!

      Delete
  3. Oh that quilt is coming beautifully--Lily got to the stuffing I see...;))) they do love to destroy toys...at least it's a "make-believe" mousie yikes!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I just added another row today. 2 more rows left! I'm quite happy it's only a toy mouse. I would be screaming if it was a real mouse!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...