Sunday, October 22, 2017

Log Cabin All Quilted!

No automatic alt text available.

It's done! I finished machine quilting the Log Cabin quilt for my neighbor today. As you can see, I quilted a large meander edge to edge. It was fast and I think it looks nice. The quilt still feels soft although it's quite heavy. It's heavy due to the size, not the quilting. It ended up measuring 94" X
107". I think if I can handle this on the long arm, I can handle any size!!

Image may contain: indoor

Here it is laying nice and flat in my family room. It's the only room I can lay it out. I'm happy to see it done! I'm hoping my neighbor loves what I've done with it. Such a nice feeling to have finished such a large project!


7 comments:

  1. You did a spectacular job on this H U G E piece....it is beautiful--she will just love it...congratulations hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julierose! I'm thrilled that it's finished. It was great practice on the long arm and a big help for my neighbor. Worked out great!

      Delete
  2. It came out really nice! She will be so glad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! It should be done in plenty of time for Christmas.

      Delete
  3. It is gorgeous, and I am sure it will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it came out awesome! you are so nice to take on that project for your neighbor. beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...