Thursday, October 19, 2017

Log Cabin FMQ

No automatic alt text available.

I've been machine quilting my neighbor's quilt for a few days now. She was not interested in any custom or ruler work. We decided on a large meander which makes sense since the quilt is such a large size. I'm using Aurifil thread 50 weight on top and Bottom Line in the bobbin. My machine seems to love this combination! It's been stitching very nicely!

No automatic alt text available.

I can't really tell how much of the quilt I've quilted. I think I'm close to half way done but I'm not sure. I'm so happy that the quilting is moving along so quickly. I was afraid this quilt would take a long time based on the size alone. I really think the longarm is the reason I'm making such great timing. I've had the longarm about a year and I'm finally starting to feel comfortable with it. It seemed to take awhile. When I bought it, I wasn't aware of the steep learning curve. I'm glad I didn't know! I might have chickened out and never bought it!

6 comments:

  1. You have such nice even shapes with your meander stitches. Your hours of practice have really paid off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Already heard from the "quilt police" who thought I should be doing more custom/ruler work. Sometimes, an allover stipple is fine and looks good!

      Delete
  2. Oh, just lovely quilting lines and stitches. Beautiful work on this, Rosemary. (I spy some leafy green fabrics that I have in my stash....;}}} ) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! My neighbor has so much green fabric! Yards and yards of it and now it's mine!! I'm sure I'll find something to do with it!!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...