Sunday, July 15, 2018

Serendipity Star Table Runner

No automatic alt text available.

Being a member of the American Quilting Society, I receive their magazine which is called American Quilter. I love looking through it since it always has some interesting news and patterns. This month, I saw Serendipity Star by Marjorie Rhine and knew I just had to make it!

No automatic alt text available.

I chose these 3 fabrics. I bought a bunch of scraps from Bits N Pieces in Pelham, NH when they had their big summer sale. I stuffed a bag with fabric and it cost all of $5! These pieces were in that bag.

No automatic alt text available.

I had to cut 3 rectangles from the two fabrics I chose for the star. I had to layer the 2 different fabrics right sides together. I had to sew the long edges and then cute into my sewn rectangles.

No automatic alt text available.

After my cutting, I was left with 4 equilateral triangles and 2 vertically seamed diamonds per pair of rectangle fabrics. That's it! I couldn't believe how quick this was coming together!

No automatic alt text available.

I sewed one triangle to either side of the diamonds. I ended up with 6 diamonds.

No automatic alt text available.

After sewing the diamonds together, I sewed the border strips to 3 alternate diamond units.

No automatic alt text available.

I added border strips to the 3 remaining units. Ta-da! It's done! I made it one afternoon. It measures about 37" by 32". It's on the large size. I just love it! So nice to work on a quick project!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful block you've made there, Rosemary..it looks really difficult...lots of math? (Hmmm, angles and I don't mix too well...) love your fabric choices hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! The math was all figured out so that part was easy. Lots of bias edges so I had to sew carefully but not too bad.

      Delete
  2. Dont cha just love when something is quick and looks difficult? Great pattern and choice of fabrics. Would make beautiful Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really neat trick! I thought you were going to say it was paper pieced.

    ReplyDelete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...