Sunday, March 11, 2012

Machine Quilting to Begin


I made this quilt two summers ago. It was a quilt along that Bradie Sparrow was sponsoring through Facebook. The overall size is about 60 inches square. My daughter was home for the summer so she helped me choose fabric from my stash. It was fun to have her work on a project with me. Over the last year, she has started to knit and feels knitting is more her style than quilting but I'm hoping that someday she will get into quilting too!

I'm going to start with quilting in the ditch. Since I have practiced quilting feathers, I just may try a few feathers in that center square. I thought that middle pinwheel block may be nice to try a few feathers. I just want to make sure it's not too small an area. I'll make some practice sandwiches first and see how that goes.

Due to the Free Motion Quilt Challenge, I may try a few other stitches in different areas of the quilt. I feel that when I start the actual quilting, I'll get ideas as to how to quilt each area. I'm hoping this quilt "speaks" to me! I'll try to listen!

6 comments:

  1. I really like the colors, Rosemary--I have never made a "Sampler" quilt--yours looks well-balanced. Fancy quilting will really set it off..Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to have your daughter help with the fabric selection! Very pretty quilt - quite a variety of star blocks. Have fun free motion quilting - the feathers will look awesome on your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! It reminds me of Spring! Can't wait to see how it speaks to you as you quilt it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosemary, your quilt is beautiful. I love the colours. I'm looking forward to seeing how you quilt it. If you put ear up close to it perhaps it is saying "feathers.. yes I want feathers and loop de lous". Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to say...Thanks you so very much for the warm Birthday wishes. I feel your love all the way here in Arizona. Big HUGS to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see where you go with this.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...