Friday, March 2, 2012

Persuasion Scarf

I finished my second project from Jane Austen Knits 2011. This scarf was inspired by Jane Austen's Persuasion and the relationship between the main characters, Frederick and Anne. I loved that it was a rather easy lace pattern. I was able to use one of the hand dyed yarns I bought at SOAR this past fall. It was fun to make and I'm very happy with the results. I actually wore it today and received many compliments on it.

Here's a close up of the pattern.
The middle panel is leaves and the outer panel has a wave pattern. I love the hand dyed effect which I think just adds more dimension to the pattern. I had a small amount of yarn left even though the pattern was done. I decided to just make it extra long. I feel you just can't go wrong with a long scarf.

I've begun my third project from this same book. It's a lace shawl. It's rather difficult and think it will be a while before I post any pictures of it! I'm not sure why but I just love knitting lace patterns. Even if they're difficult, I just take my time. I've had many times where I've had to start over but that's okay. It's all part of the learning process.

3 comments:

  1. I love that yarn--so watercolor-ey; beautiful work, Rosemary. (I really miss my knitting....)Have you picked out your border for Twister yet? Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so pretty. Is there really such a thing as an "easy lace pattern"? Not from where I sit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really lovely, Rosemary! I love that yarn! Can't wait to see the shawl. :)

    ReplyDelete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...