Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Zippered Pouch!

I made this cute little pouch this morning. I have a zipper phobia but I tried it anyways! There is a wonderful tutorial on I have to say... blog. If anyone is interested, she will be adding 3 more variations to the pouch tutorial this week. I don't think it's my best work but I did sew in a zipper which is a major accomplishment for me. It's only my second time working with a zipper. I think this pouch would make a great gift. I think I'll use it at work when I go get my coffee. It was just fun to make.

I'm happy to say I have caught up on my mystery quilt. I just have to iron and trim the 25 blocks for this month's clue. I also practiced some free motion quilting using Ann Fahl's tutorial for the challenge this month. She has so many variations that I think I will post when I'm done all of them! I only did a couple last night. I hope to use some of these techniques on the quilt I'm machine quilting. I'm almost done the large middle block. I'm hoping to add a feather or some new loopy variation of free motion. I feel I just don't have enough time in the day to get everything done! However, this is a much quieter week for me. The weather is beautiful and summer like. I'm hoping to enjoy that too!

5 comments:

  1. Cute pouch; you are brave--I am impressed, Rosemary...I only have done very few (2!!!) zippers in my life!! My Grand'mere used to sew them in with no zipper foot or machine, but by hand!! And they didn't come undone!! Julierose--love this weather....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I have zipper phobia as well. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job!! It is amazing what we can do if we put our minds to it!!!! You conquered your fear!!!! Good for you !! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...