Thursday, March 1, 2012

Twist Along Step 3 and Snow!

Here is my twister quilt so far! I've cut out my blocks and put them back together. I am happy with the way it turned out and thought it was much easier than I expected. I was a little hesitant to cut out the blocks but but I think that was the hardest step for me. Once I got over cutting my quilt top, everything else just seemed to fall into place. My contrast could be a little better but I did choose the border after I put the blocks together. I didn't really know how it would turn out. The colors are actually more vibrant in person. I would definitely make another one. It was fun and it's a surprise as to how it actually turns out. I feel it's another nice method to make a quilt.

Like most of the country, we've had a very mild winter. We really hadn't had much snow, up until today! We got about 7 inches so far. This is my view from my front door. I'm lucky to have been off from work today. Snow is so much prettier to look at than to drive through! I'm hoping it stops soon. It's our first real snowstorm and I'm already sick of the snow! Guess I've been spoiled this year!

3 comments:

  1. I really like your colorways on the Twister--the border really is nice--I have yet to put my border on....Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Rosemary! How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very nice! Yes, I was wondering how big it is too.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...