Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dresden Plate Quilt Top


 
I've been taking a little break from machine quilting so I decided to piece my Dresden Plate quilt. I loved putting this quilt top together. It was so easy to piece. It didn't take long at all! I felt like I had a nice break so tomorrow I'll be trying to pick a pattern to quilt in the border of the Puzzle Box Quilt.

I actually started to piece this quilt a few days ago. I put one row together before the weekend.


Then I put the 4 rows together.



Added the inner border.



Added the  outer border.

 
 
 

Done!!  A quilt top is born!

I was having second thoughts about the outer border. My husband encouraged me to go for it. I'm so glad I did! The quilt reminds me of Easter and spring. It's perfect after all the snow we've had. I really like the end result. The next step is to scallop the border. I'm not sure if I'm going to do it. I'm still thinking it over. I've never done it before. Not sure if it will be worth it. Will post pictures if I do!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


11 comments:

  1. Fabulous quilt and those striped borders are absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear! I really wasn't sure about that striped border but liked it after I sewed it on. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Lovely dresdens!! I like the blues with that yellow-ey sashings!! Very pretty Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I like it better after sewing it together!

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I think the striped border is perfect. I noticed it right away in the first pic, before I read that you had doubts about it.
    I have the "Quilt in a Day" scallop ruler and instructions if you want to borrow them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Have you used the scallop ruler before? There's a tutorial with the instructions for this quilt. I still have to read them!

      Delete
    2. Yup. Used it for the border on my "Little Women" quilt.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!! and you know how I love the Dresden plate! Yes, please post pics if you decide to scallop the edges! I've never tried that either and would like to know some pointers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April! Means so much coming from you! I'll let you know if I end up doing that scalloped border!

      Delete
  5. This looks great and you make it sound so easy. Dresden plates have long been on my list, should really give it a go.
    Love the stripes...that really sets it off nicely...and please, if you do scallops, I would be interested to hear about that. Never tried them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin! Doing a little research on scalloped borders. Not sure how that would change the binding. Still undecided but will let you know if I go through with it!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...