Friday, November 15, 2013

Applique Sneak Peak


I have finally started to applique my ornaments onto my bargello table runner. There are a total of 9 ornaments  to applique. I'm hand appliqueing using the freezer paper method. It's the easiest method for me. I've tried a few others but always go back to my trusty freezer paper.




Here's a close up. You can see the red embroidery I added to the edges of the purple strips.


 
I embroidered a snow flake onto this one.




There's some embroidery on both edges of the blue and red fabric. I just used an easy chain stitch to sort of outline the added strips.

The class schedule was just released for MQX East. Anyone planning on going? It was a great show last year. The classes were wonderful and there were many vendors to choose from. The quilts that get into this show are unbelievable! I'm hoping to take a few classes. It's so difficult to pick which ones. There are too many to choose from!

Have a great weekend! I'm hoping to applique a few more ornaments!

10 comments:

  1. I like the different ornaments! Your table runner is going to be so pretty and festive. I've not attempted Bargello yet? Was it difficult to make? If I lived closer I might consider going to the MQX. We are though for the first time coming this August where AQS will be having one of their national shows here in Charlotte! Looking forward it it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you try bargello sometime. It's fun and not as difficult as it looks. I'm having a hard time deciding what classes to take at MQX. So many to choose from! I wish you lived closer!

      Delete
  2. Your bargello table runner is coming along nicely. Love the appliquéd ornaments, very beautiful. I have yet to do a bargello... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you try it sometime. It's really a lot of fun and not too hard!

      Delete
  3. I love the combination of the bargello and ornaments--very Christmassy looking I think. I did a couple bargellos ages ago and enjoyed making them...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how much I really liked bargello. It's easier than I thought!

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty! With the quilting and binding all done, it will be ready in plenty of time for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors of your bargello. this is on my to do list..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you make one soon! I love how it came out and it's not as hard as it looks. I actually enjoyed making it. It only took me 2 days to make! The applique is taking much longer.

      Delete

Quilting State Fair Sampler

 I'm ready to quilt my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt. It's so big that I loaded it in 2 steps. This is how it looks aft...