Monday, November 25, 2013

Thank you, Mr. Mailman!

 
I've been receiving some interesting packages in the mail lately! I ordered Downton Abbey fat quarters from the Fat Quarter Shop. This lovely bundle is the Sybil inspired prints. Aren't they gorgeous?? The prints are very interesting and the colors are somewhat muted. I suppose it's indicative of the early 1900's.
 

This next set of fat quarters are fabrics inspired by Edith. They're similar and yet different in many ways just like the characters of Sybil and Edith. There are 2 more fat quarter bundles. One is dedicated to The Dowager and one for Mary. I may still buy those at some point but I bought my 2 favorite fat quarter collections.

I don't have any plan as to how I'll be using this fabric but I just had to have them! I love the show and wanted to have some of the fabric collection. I'm afraid they will sell out soon.

 
This next package came from my Secret Santa. I suppose it's not the typical Christmas gift but Lily loves it! My Secret Santa sent a very thoughtful gift to my cat! I unwrapped the gift and placed the little mice on my kitchen counter. Lily took the whole package in her mouth and started playing with them! After I saw her do that, I quickly took one of the mice out of the packaging for her to play with. She was nice enough to bring him into my bedroom quite early Sunday morning! I think she wanted me to play with her and her new favorite toy!

 
Here she is with her favorite mouse! She loves her new toy. I'm sure she likes the catnip too! Lily and I would like to say thank you to my Secret Santa! Thanks for thinking of Lily!



8 comments:

  1. Ooh those Downton bundles are just fab, I love the show too :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems I like anything Downton these days! Couldn't help but buy the fabric as well!

      Delete
  2. I am trying not to buy any more fabrics, BUT these are yummy! I really like those two groups, too. Tempting! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need anymore fabric but I couldn't help myself! There's a group forming where you make a pledge to not buy fabric for 6 months starting in January. I need to join!

      Delete
  3. Love the fabrics I can see why you wanted them. I am a member of the yahoo Stash busters group. I am sad to say I have broken my pledge all too often.

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not alone! I would love to pledge not to buy more fabric but I'm afraid I'll have a hard time sticking to it!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...