Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Shades of Blue

Image may contain: shoes

I worked until 1pm today so I had some time in the afternoon to get a few things done. I'm just about done knitting this shawl. It is called Cinder. It's from Jen Lucas' book called Sock-Yarn Shawls II. I actually skipped a few rows at the end. I thought I had enough yarn but it looked like I wasn't going to be able to finish it. I'm so happy that I don't have to rip out any rows. It's so hard to rip out rows and know exactly where you are when knitting lace rows. Skipping a few rows was a much better solution. I'll post pictures once this shawl is blocked. 

No automatic alt text available.

I pieced the backing for one of my quilt tops. I had originally bought this fabric for another project. I think it will look great on the back of this quilt.

Image may contain: indoor

I think any backing would look good with this scrap quilt. There are so many different fabrics that make up this top. I finally figured out how to quilt it. This step always seems to take me so long!! I'll post pictures when I have some of the quilting done! 

6 comments:

  1. Making the most of your time, as usual. :-)
    You picked a nice fabric for the quilt back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to find a little time whenever I can! I'm glad you like the backing. I bought it with you at Fabric Extravaganza a few years ago.

      Delete
  2. Love your shawl--beautiful color--I have to get back to mine (Yowza #3) soon; and your finished 9-patch is lovely--great backing fabric--love those kinds of prints...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! So glad the shawl is done. So worried I would run out of yarn!

      Delete
  3. Love your scrappy quilt and the backing fabric is perfect. Beautiful shawl too.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...