Monday, April 10, 2017

Square Daisy Block

No automatic alt text available.

This is the last applique block for Green Tea and Sweet Beans. I made this block my own way and it worked out great! 

No automatic alt text available.

Here is the block after I appliqued the flower onto the background. I also appliqued the leaves. I made the background a bit bigger to compensate for any loss from the actual applique. 

No automatic alt text available.

Here's the block all made nice and square.  It measures 8.5 inches square, 

No automatic alt text available.

I cut the triangles to square off the block and just made sure they all fit!

No automatic alt text available.

Here it is all done! I have to make 9 pin wheel blocks and then I can piece the quilt top together! So excited!!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful block--nice soft colors...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I wanted it to be calming and pink! I think it worked!!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Julierose - a beautiful block and I'm looking forward to seeing your Green Tea and Sweet Beans all sewn together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I put all the blocks together today! Can't wait to make that top!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...