Sunday, April 30, 2017

Arcadia Avenue Block 9

No automatic alt text available.

I've been making some nice progress on quilting Arcadia Avenue. I'm almost done block 9. This block reminds me of old film strip. I feel this is an easy block to quilt. It's so easy to quilt in those little squares!

No automatic alt text available.

This picture shows the quilting a little better. I'm stitching in the ditch in most of the seams. I'm making little up and down loops in the colored squares. I'm just alternating the directions of the loops. I thought it would be more interesting that way.

No automatic alt text available.

Almost forgot to show you the middle! I outlined each seam and stitched 1/4 inch little arrows in each triangle. I'm hoping to finish this block tomorrow. Only 3 blocks left to quilt! 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely quilting and just perfect for this block--I am trying wavey quilting on my Oasis for the first time..just using my walking foot.
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose. I always love receiving your nice comments. I think quilting using a walking foot is very popular right now. I'm sure your quilt will look lovely when you're done. I'll be looking for pictures!!

      Delete
  2. I really love all those colors. So inspiring!!! in fact I think you have given me an idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog! Hoping to see whatever I inspired you to make!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...