Thursday, April 12, 2018

MQX - Day 1

No automatic alt text available.

Today was my first day attending MQX in Manchester, NH. My first class was scheduled to be with Jessica Gamez but due to an emergency, her mother replaced her. Her mom is Deloa Jones and was a wonderful teacher! This class was all about combining different free motion patterns to make a whole new pattern. This concept is very well illustrated if you look at the background of this quilt. There are different patterns but they all work so well together! The quilting adds so much interest to this piece.

Deloa Jones designs some great rulers for the longarm. I just had to go to her booth and buy a few items. I also bought a stencil made up of a one inch grid of straight lines. These stencils come in very handy to mark backgrounds.

No automatic alt text available.

My second class with Dense and Dainty Free-hand Fills with Margaret Solomon Gunn. I can't believe how much information she packed into the 2 hour lecture. 

Image may contain: 1 person

I got some great handouts so I can remember what she was trying to teach us! I need them after the overload of information from this wonderful teacher. She passed out lots of samples. Her quilting is just beautiful!

I had a successful first day. I have one more class left tomorrow. I always look forward to this show every year but it goes by too fast! I'll let you know about my last class soon.

10 comments:

  1. How fortunate you are to be able to take classes from these fabulous quilters. I follow Margaret's blog and her work is truly spectacular. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret Solomon Gunn is full of ideas! I had a great time taking these classes. There's so much to learn out there!

      Delete
  2. MQX is on my bucket list. Sounds like you attended classes with great teachers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it, Karen! The hardest part is deciding which classes to take. There are too many good ones!

      Delete
  3. So glad you were able to attend those classes--the sheer amount of info out there is amazing. It's hard to take it all in while you are attending I think...so good you have hand outs to read at your leisure...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I'm so glad I took these classes but I feel I'll really learn everything once I try it on my own.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that elephant quilt is amazing. I'm glad you are getting so much out of your classes.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...