Sunday, April 15, 2018

MQX - Day 2

Image may contain: plant

Isn't this beautiful! It's obviously not my work. I took a class with Deborah M. Poole at MQX. It was my last class as well as my hardest! She specializes in feathers. She does all sorts of wonderful things with them. I seem to have a love-hate relationship with feathers!

Image may contain: text

This is her book which I love! I plan on reading and practicing what I learned with what she's written in her book. This book is full of wonderful information. Her feathers are so elegant. 

That's the end of MQX for me. It was so fun to concentrate on quilting for 2 wonderful days. It's back to my usual routine now but I'm already looking forward to MQX 2019!

8 comments:

  1. I almost went to the quilt show in Manchester but I have such a cold I just couldn't bring myself to go. I don't live that far away from there and always love the show but never taken any of the classes. I cant transport my machine that easily because it is an embroidery machine and very heavy. I love to do free motion even though I am not that good at it but I practice all the time. This book looks good, I am going to check it out. hugs, lj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad you couldn't go.I would have been happy to meet you there. Maybe next year! You don't have to bring your machine. Each classroom is equipped with either longarms or domestic sewing machines. Hope you feel better!

      Delete
  2. Oh glad you had a good time of it! Feathers are beautiful, but look very difficult and time consuming also. I always like to get a book to follow up any class, too. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I had a great time and learned a lot. My feathers definitely need lots more practice but I have a better idea how to stitch them now.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you chose a great class. Every quilter just has to know how to do feathers. They are the biggest challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! Nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks feathers are not easy! This class was a great way to learn how to improve my own work. By the way, I've seen your feathers and they look pretty great to me!

      Delete
  4. Wow! The quilting in the photo you posted is amazing. How fortunate to be able to see it in person and learn how it was quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to expand your skills this way

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...