Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Binding Day

Image may contain: stripes

The baby quilt is quilted and bound! I can't believe how quickly I finished this one. I finished the quilt top on Sunday. I loaded and quilted it yesterday. The binding went on today! The shower is coming up so I had to finish it as soon as I could.

Image may contain: indoor

Look what else I finished! I decided to get the binding finished on this as well. The machine was all set up with a walking foot so I thought I would just get it done. It's so hot today that I decided to just stay in on my day off. This quilt took quite a bit longer to bind than the baby quilt. The curves and the squared off areas made the whole process rather slow but I just kept going. I had a good amount of iced coffee to get me through!

Image may contain: indoor

I don't think you can see the fabric I used for the binding. It's not quite as dark as this picture. I had a hard time picking a fabric that would match the many fabrics used in this vintage quilt. I happened to run into Debby Brown who is a HandiQuilter educator. She helped me pick this out. It was perfect!!

8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful bindings; cute as a button baby quilt with that pink; and the curved edges...well--they are just gorgeous...lovely work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy to have them both finished. The Double Wedding Ring was a challenge but it's done!!

      Delete
  2. Two great finishes! The fabric for you scalloped binding is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Em! So glad I got both bindings done yesterday. Such a productive day!

      Delete
  3. Lovely finishes...love the blue binding, really suits that quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I spent the day indoors away from the heat and got so much done!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...