Sunday, August 19, 2018

Jelly Roll Rugs

No automatic alt text available.

I finished my two Jelly Roll Rugs today! When I started to sew, I was hoping I would be able to finish one rug sometime today. I ended up finishing both rugs before dinner!

No automatic alt text available.

I think the toughest part was at the very beginning. When turning, the angles are very sharp and it's tough to zigzag over them. After the first few rows, it becomes very easy sewing!

No automatic alt text available.

I also figured out how to keep my foot in the middle of the seam. There's a little notch in the clear area that was easy to keep centered so the zigzag would catch both strips equally. If I did veer off, I would break thread and sew over it. 

No automatic alt text available.

Both rugs came out a little wavy and had to be ironed. I used Best Press as well as some starch to get rid of those waves.

No automatic alt text available.

As you can see, they both look pretty flat! I will definitely make more of these rugs. I may use my own scraps next time. I was thinking of using cat fabric and making little rugs for the cats to sit on! Wouldn't that be cute?! They'll probably claw the heck out of them! I may have to rethink that one!
  

10 comments:

  1. these rugs are amazing! I love how they came out; I'll bet they feel great under your tootsies ;))) hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! They look so cute in my daughter's room! So cheerful!

      Delete
  2. They came out awesome. Love that idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool that by keeping the strips in the same order between the two jelly rolls, you ended up with a matching set! Glad you had such fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these look so good!!! Did you have a pattern? I should like to make two or three of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, there is a pattern and I got mine from Fat Quarter Shop. So fun!!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...