Friday, August 3, 2018

Stellaria Shawl #2

No automatic alt text available.

In between quilting the vintage Double Wedding Ring quilt and making my jelly roll rugs, I'm also knitting a shawl. This is Stellaria by Susanna IC. I've knit this shawl before but this one is for my mother. She has a new blue coat with brass buttons and requested a gold shawl for winter! I love to knit while watching television. It also comes in handy when thunderstorms are in the area and I need to shut off my machines. 

No automatic alt text available.

You can begin to see the pattern. The first half of the shawl is just the garter stitch and short rows to make that crescent shape. The pattern is hard to see until the shawl is completed and blocked. I'm using Madelinetosh merino wool, lace weight. I'm also using Addi Turbo Lace knitting needles. I love using these needles when working with lace weight yarn. I feel you have better control with these needles. They're worth every penny!

6 comments:

  1. beautiful shawl. you are a making machine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn, but you're the one that gets projects done!!

      Delete
  2. Lovely rich golden color for that shawl--I am sure your Mom will just love it! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift for your Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...