Friday, October 2, 2026

Current Fun Projects


I'm almost done sewing down the binding on my Whiskers N Catnip quilt. I decided to get the bindings on these two Girlie Ghosts quilts. The directions recommend a black binding but I don't have enough black. I decided to use the border fabric to bind them. I think it works fine! These should be quick to sew by hand. They're not too big. (16" X 30")



I'm almost done my first strip. It measures close to 60" in length and about 10" in width. All these seams are left open so the next strip can be sewn on. I've never done that before but I'll try it! I love using up my scraps. I'm trying not to have any duplicate scraps near each other. It's recommended to make all your strips first and then decide what strips to sew together. I need a total of 8 strips so I have a ways to go before I start sewing them together. 

Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Just when you think the Girlie Ghosts can't get any cuter...the quilting look great, Rosemary. I often use the border fabric for my binding. I do it so it hides any places I may not have gotten things straight...but, you don't have that issue. The strings project is very interesting. I look forward to watching how it comes together.

    ReplyDelete

Current Fun Projects

I'm almost done sewing down the binding on my Whiskers N Catnip quilt. I decided to get the bindings on these two Girlie Ghosts quilts. ...