Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Beginnings and Endings

No automatic alt text available.

My Block of the Month is all done for this month. I made 4 versions of the Star Blocks, one for each corner. The only other block this month was Flying Geese. I only made one of those. I've already made 5 blocks out of a total of 16. Each block measures 12.5 inches square.  I feel like I'm doing good with this project.

No automatic alt text available.

I made a label for the Double Wedding Ring. I bought a new sewing machine over the summer so I'm still trying to figure out how to use everything. The label only took me one try. Not bad!!

Image may contain: table, plant, flower and indoor

Here's my table topper that I finished a little while ago. It looks perfect in my formal dining room. The blue in the topper picks up the blue walls, I like how it looks in this room. So glad I made it!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely label--I still haven't figured out how to use my Alpha writing on my machine--I am not good with things like that...
    Your topper is just perfect on your lovely table...
    And your blocks look super...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! It's always a challenge when you buy a new machine. Everything takes so much longer but it's nice once you learn it.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that table topper is perfect for your room! I like the quilting on it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Barb! I'm surprised how good it looks on that table!

      Delete
  3. Love your new BOM. and your topper looks great too.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...