Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Finished Dream Big on Halloween!

Image may contain: text

Happy Halloween! I have the candy all ready and I'm waiting for the trick or treaters! I'm trying so hard not to eat that candy! Hurry up, kids!!

No automatic alt text available.

It's done! There were many times that I thought it was just coming out awful. I actually thought that maybe I should just toss it. However, I kept going and I actually like how it came out!

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

I tried all different types of motifs. Some of them worked and some didn't. 

No automatic alt text available.

I started to think of it a big practice panel as opposed to a real finished piece.

No automatic alt text available.

I'll have to admit that I did enjoy it as I was finishing up.

No automatic alt text available.

I think the pressure was off and I could finally enjoy it. I'm going to bind it and hang it on the wall behind the long arm. Phew!!!


12 comments:

  1. They all look just beautiful to me...
    I agree--hurry up if you want any candy at all...lol
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I think it surprised me. I didn't think it was going to come out well but I like it!

      Delete
  2. This came out so pretty. Love it. We had not one trick or treater. Ugh.....mounds on the hips for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! It came out much better than I expected. Most of our candy is gone but there's still some left. Get it away from me!!

      Delete
  3. This turned out just beautiful. I have ordered my panel and can't wait to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! I didn't really enjoy working on this. There were too many decisions to make and lots of odd shaped leaves. But I think it came out just fine in the end. Surprised me!! Can't wait to see yours!

      Delete
  4. This turned our great! I was luke warm about these, but you added a lot of interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valerie! I wasn't sure if I even wanted to quilt this but I'm glad I did! It came out much better than I had expected. Nice surprise for me!

      Delete
  5. Wowza! The variety of quilting motifs is amazing! You must be so glad you stuck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em!! Yes, I'm so glad I didn't rip it off the long arm and throw it away! It turned out so much better than I ever dreamed of!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...