Sunday, November 4, 2018

Hexagon Quilt

Image may contain: flower

When I don't have any knitting or applique, I always go back to my hexagon quilt. I've been working on this for years! It's so easy to work on these hexagons while watching TV. There are no directions to read. It's sort of mindless!

No automatic alt text available.

These are my latest finished hexagons. I always make a few at a time and then figure out where to put them on the quilt. Each side of these hexagons measures 1 inch. 

No automatic alt text available.

This one is all ready to be sewn together. I'm not sure how large to make this. I think I'll know when I get there!

6 comments:

  1. I especially like the ones that you fussy cut the fabric. Nice that you have them all sewn together! (I have made a bunch of the hexie flowers, but they are still stacked in a pile.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! It's a fun project that uses up scraps. Not enough scraps in my opinion!!

      Delete
  2. Love to see these quilts. Never tried the hexies.hard with the eye issues I have.
    Yours is looking great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! The stitches are pretty tiny. I have to wear glasses with my bifocal contacts!

      Delete
  3. Lovely hexies you've made...This will become a beautiful quilt--and full of memories of what you were doing for each one; that is why i like longterm projects...(loving that last blue swirly fabric one!!) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose. This quilt reminds me of so many other quilts and different times of my life. That's what makes these projects so great!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...