Tuesday, November 20, 2018

More Carolina Chains

No automatic alt text available.

I made 2 more blocks for my Carolina Chain quilt. Each block finishes up at 9.5 inches square. 

No automatic alt text available.

I had these pieces cut for weeks but I just couldn't seem to find the time to sit down and sew. 

No automatic alt text available.

I finally found an afternoon to sew my blocks together. 

No automatic alt text available.

I have 24 blocks so far. I need a total of 72 blocks so I'm 1/3 of the way there! This is definitely a long term project. I like cutting pieces for this quilt while working on other projects. The other projects "feed" the scraps for this quilt. It's my own little scrap system!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love any pattern with little diagonal squares in it..those chains are so pretty, aren't they?
    I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    I am grateful for your lovely posts throughout the year...hugs, Julierose ;)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! I'm so happy to have found you through our blogs!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...