Thursday, November 29, 2018

Christmas Stocking FMQ

No automatic alt text available.

I made this stocking for a very close friend who doesn't sew. The pattern is in the November 2018 issue of American Quilter. She likes to see my free motion quilting so I thought this stocking would be the perfect gift for her. I plan on filling it with gifts for her. It measures about 10" by 18". 

No automatic alt text available.

I traced the pattern onto the right side of my fabric.
No automatic alt text available.

The pattern recommended to get prequilted fabric for the back of the stocking. I decided to make my own. I just used a quick meander.

No automatic alt text available.

I filled each space with a different quilting motif. I took out my books and tried to find various motifs to fill each space. This part was fun!

No automatic alt text available.

I cut out the stocking and added binding. Here's a closeup of the top of the stocking.

No automatic alt text available.

This is a closeup of the bottom of the stocking. The binding at the top of the stocking has already been sewn down. I'm making my way around the outside of the stocking. I clipped the rounded edges so the binding will lay down smoothly. It's so nice to start Christmas gifts early for a change!




7 comments:

  1. I love that mottled look the quilting gives it--so pretty--beautiful work, Rosemary...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! The hard part is going to be filling it up with goodies!

      Delete
  2. A very sweet, thoughtful gift. And stockings, not made of seasonal fabric, could remain displayed year round with contents such as flowers, etc. Love the many different fmq motifs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Doreen. I didn't want to use Christmas fabric for that reason. It was fun to decide what motif to use in each area. It was quicker than I expected.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I love this! Your mix of quilt patterns is spot on!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...