Sunday, April 23, 2017

More Machine Quilting

No automatic alt text available.

I finally started machine quilting the scrap quilt I made a little while ago. It took me forever to decide what to do with that border. It's a 5 inch border but it's pieced and has a 1-inch strip running right through the middle of it. I decided on these loops in mirror images of each other. It was easy to make my little loops in that 1-inch piece.

No automatic alt text available.

I made my little arcs in the 9 patches and wishbones in the solid fabric. I liked quilting my up and down loops in the on-point 9 patch. I've completed the first row as well as the top border and a little bit of each side borders. I feel calmer now that I've quilted all the different patterns at least once. 


No automatic alt text available.

I've completed quilting block 8 of Arcadia Avenue. 


No automatic alt text available.

This is a better look at the quilting. I made loops in the triangular area. I outlined 1/4 inch inside the border triangles. I also made little loops in the white area. Just like the center!

No automatic alt text available.

You can see the loops a little better in the center here. 

That's it for machine quilting for me! I've got to do some piecing soon! Green Tea and Sweet Beans is almost done. I have to cut a ton of 1.5 inch squares. I think around 100! I'm really looking forward to putting that quilt top together! 

4 comments:

  1. Lots of terrific quilting going on at your house! Your Arcadia Avenue must be almost done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comment! I wish Arcadia Avenue was almost done! I'm getting there. I'm on block 9 out of 12. On my way!

      Delete
  2. Lovely quilting pattern...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! Having fun with my projects!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...