Tuesday, April 24, 2018

More Progress on Green Tea and Sweet Beans

No automatic alt text available.

I'm still working diligently on the borders of Green Tea and Sweet Beans. Applique just takes so darn long! 

No automatic alt text available.

The right border has all the vines in place and I've started the flowers. The left border has 6 more vine segments to applique. I've been trying to amuse myself by appliqueing a flower when I've finished a few of the vines! I feel the variety will get me to move faster!

The top and bottom borders are complete. I can't really finish the corners until the borders are on. I think I'll really love this quilt top when it's done.  


6 comments:

  1. It's really pretty, Rosemary! I like the pop of the pink borders. Hard to believe it was made from your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! It's amazing what you can do with those pesky scraps!

      Delete
  2. Love that pinky-peach border color-it sets the whole piece off so well really nice work Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I like it so far. I have no idea how to quilt this. Hoping I think of something by then!

      Delete
  3. It is gorgeous and I am sure you will come up with a quilting pattern. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn!! I'm almost done with all the stems. Just flowers and leaves left. Slow but steady!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...