Saturday, January 19, 2019

Before the Storm.........

Image may contain: indoor

I thought I'd get a post done before the storm hits.  I worked 6-12 this morning and I'm tired! I decided to be proactive so I've been charging my devices in case we lose power. We're supposed to get a combination of snow and sleet. It doesn't sound very good. Anyways, here's the finished pin cushion! It used up almost all of the crushed walnut shells I had. I'm going to have to buy more. 

No photo description available.

I started to quilt Green Tea and Sweet Beans. I've been looking at finished quilts online. This is my version for quilting the border. I made some feathers and surrounded them with some good sized pebbles. I'm loving the texture.

No photo description available.

This is just another view of the border. 

If you're in the path of the storm, be careful and stay safe! Hope it's not as bad as it sounds! 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely pincushion--and I really like your quilting on the sides of Green tea
    I don't like the sound of snow, then ice, then snow again...yuck stay safe and warm..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Be careful during the storm! I'm planning on staying indoors!

      Delete
  2. great looking pincushion and quilting stay safe in this messy storm. we have been lucky so far with little snow but geesh we don't need it all in one sitting now do we? what a mess
    stay safe and warm my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I don't think the storm was as bad as forecasted. I'm so glad we didn't get frozen rain. If it would warm up, I'd be happy!

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've ever seen pebbles and feathers combined like that. I think it makes a great combo and sets off the vines and flowers nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! I wanted the quilting to complement the applique. I like it so far!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...