Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Certifiable

Image may contain: indoor

Certifiable is the name of this pin cushion from the book, Pin Pals. I'm planning on making a Swoon quilt and thought this pin cushion would be a great way to prepare. It measures about 6" by 6". Everything is so small! I love how it came out but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be!

No photo description available.

I thought I would just try to make the middle star. It didn't seem too bad so I cut out the rest of the pieces. There's a total of 64 pieces for this pin cushion. I cut them out and sewed a few pieces together.
No photo description available.

This is what I had left to put together. I just went row by row and then put the rows together.

No photo description available.

This is the block before being trimmed and the borders added. Phew! I still have to quilt the top and backing to a piece of batting. Then, I just have to sew it together and fill. I'm having a cup of coffee right now. I think the pin cushion wore me out!!

8 comments:

  1. Nice block...you always got so much patience. I struggle with piecing intricate designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karin! My patience was running out a few times but I just kept going. It's not my best piecing job but it's finished!

      Delete
  2. 64 pieces? Wow rosemary--you did a super job on this one...
    it is very pretty hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Parts of it drove me crazy but I did finish it!

      Delete
  3. Great little pincushion. Kuddos for sticking it out with all those tiny pieces. Mine may have had a design element (is that what they call it when you design it different.....creative license ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, you're so funny! It was a pain but I love how it came out. I'm going to try an easier one next time!

      Delete

Baby Binding

Here's the baby quilt complete with binding. I used the same fabric as the border. I usually use a 2.25" binding. I'm not sure ...