Thursday, January 3, 2019

Long Time Gone

No photo description available.

I took the first step in making Long Time Gone quilt by Jen Kingwell. I bought the pattern awhile ago but had to finish up a few things before I could start.

No photo description available.

I drew a diagonal line across a small feature fabric square. I sewed on the line and flipped!

No photo description available.

I made 2 of the squares with the added triangle and sewed them to a square of the feature fabric. That's how you get the bow tie!

No photo description available.

After making the bow tie block, they're positioned to make a circle of bow ties. There's the final block!

No photo description available.

This is the quilt I'll be making. I love these quilts. There's so much interest in them. I plan on making mine scrappy. I have a scrap bag that I'm hoping to pull most of my fabrics from. We'll see how small it gets. I just hope it doesn't get bigger!!

8 comments:

  1. I love circle bow ties--your colors are really great. hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! All fabrics are from my scrap bag!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to see you getting started on this quilt. It's a whole lot of little pieces, but it's also a lot of fun to create. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice start. Love the scrappy quilts. Good luck on taming scraps. I gave up lol. We agree to cohabitate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! I think the scraps just multiply on their own!!

      Delete
  4. You are very brave!! I look forward to watching this quilt progress, I bought the pattern some time ago but after studying the size of the pieces I decided it as a no-go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to take my time and get this done! Hope I can do it!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...