Monday, January 28, 2019

Quilting Green Tea and Sweet Beans

Image may contain: indoor

I was looking forward to quilting Green Tea and Sweet Beans. I think it's more of a challenge than I had thought it would be. There are so many diverse blocks that I have to make decisions constantly on how to quilt that area. It's coming along fine. Here's a portion of one of the blocks. I made swirls in the corner pieces and loops in the white pieces. It will be interesting to see how all the quilting will look when it's off the longarm.

No photo description available.

I made feathers in the inner circle as well as the outside the circle. Sometimes, my white thread seems to blend in too well. I can't even see it!!

Image may contain: indoor

I quilted cross hatching behind these flowers. The picture leaves out some of the lines. They're hard to see as well.

Image may contain: indoor

I made petals outside the circle and echoed them. I just made curves inside the circle.

Phew! I'm not even half done! Too many decisions!

8 comments:

  1. It's coming along very nicely, and such a unique way to make a one-of-a-kind quilt. I think the cross hatching behind the applique looks especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Em! It's a challenge but I'm enjoying it!

      Delete
  2. this is a challenge for sure; loving those swirls in the corners and I always like the look of cross hatching--nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose. I'm making progress a little bit at a time. I can't go too fast with this one.

      Delete
  3. Looking great Rosemary. Must be fun to play

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! It's fun and a pain at the same time!

      Delete
  4. I think you're doing a great job! It's a complex quilt with many elements and I should think patience is definitely needed,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think you're right that patience is needed with this quilt. That's not always easy for me but I'm trying!!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...