Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Cross of the UK Block and more

No photo description available.

I had cut the pieces for these blocks over the weekend. It seemed to take me forever! I'm using my scrap bag. I emptied it all out and chose fabrics that I thought would look good together. I started sewing them together this afternoon. I was surprised how quickly they went together. They measure 4.5 inches square. 

No photo description available.

These are two blocks in progress. I sewed each corner unit first. Then it had to be trimmed down to size. I then got the middle strip together. Once you sew the corner units to the middle piece, it becomes an odd shaped 9 patch at this point. It was easy to sew the three strips together. I worked on all 6 blocks together. Chain piecing made it even sew up even faster.

No photo description available.

Here are all the blocks I've made so far for Long Time Gone. I like it so far! There's a total of 16 different type blocks to make this quilt. I have 3 down, 13 to go!!

4 comments:

  1. Looking good! It's a long haul type of quilt, but each step was a lot of fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I think you're so right. This quilt is not a quick project but it's very addictive and engaging at the same time!

      Delete
  2. That's quite a challenging project you have going; i like the criss-cross blocks a lot...nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I hope it doesn't get too much harder!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...