Monday, February 4, 2019

Quilting and Superbowl

No photo description available.

I quilted this block yesterday before the Superbowl. I didn't have too much time so I thought I would just quilt one block. I wanted to try curved cross hatching for the bowl. It's a small bowl so I thought it was the perfect size to try a new technique.

No photo description available.

I marked one inch dots all around the bowl. It was a little difficult where the bowl curves. I just did my best. I've always heard curved cross hatching is very forgiving. It looks fine to me! It's difficult for me to keep the foot tight up against the curved ruler. I think this is the first time I kept it against the ruler and actually got the look I was aiming for.

Image may contain: food

We bought some food for out Superbowl dinner but I made air fryer egg rolls. They came out so good! I feel they're healthy since they weren't deep fried so I could eat as many as I wanted!! We had a fun night especially since our team won!!


8 comments:

  1. Very pretty little bowl and lovely quilting--
    Do you use your air fryer a lot? I am thinking of getting one as i am
    trying to cut back and lose some weight,
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! We don't use the air fryer all the time but it does work great when we do use it. We like making potato wedges in the air fryer. You would swear they were fried. I do think you save a lot of calories. I would recommend it. We got the smaller one. It's fine for us.

      Delete
  2. Curved crosshatching was the perfect choice for that bowl! It accentuated the bowl shape so nicely. So what is "air frying"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! An air fryer is an appliance that fried without oil. I think it's similar to an air popper for pop corn. Food gets crispy without the added oil. It works great!

      Delete
  3. Love your bowl. We have an air fryer too. Have not experimented but love it. Usually am airgrying potatoes or sweet potatoes
    Yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn. I love potato wedges in the air fryer. You would never know they're not fried. So good!!

      Delete
  4. Love your bowl. We love our air fryer for sweet potatoes or potatoes.makes a nice light chip with crunch. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen the new wrinkle on Google+--disabling followers and comment? I have no idea how to fix this do you? I am really getting fed up with being shuttled back and forth...julierose

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...