Sunday, February 24, 2019

More Carolina Chains

No photo description available.

I made 2 more blocks for Carolina Chain by Bonnie Hunter. I'm also using fabrics from my (almost never ending) scrap bag for this quilt. This is a long-term project for me. As I make quilts, I cut the necessary pieces I need to make one of these blocks. When I get enough, I'll sew a few blocks. 

Image may contain: 2 people

I've made 28 blocks so far. I have quite a few to go! I love the scrappiness as well as the fact that my stash is being used. As I work through Long Time Gone, I'll make more blocks for this quilt as well. It's a good thing I like scrap quilts!

6 comments:

  1. the Carolina chain is coming along beautifully--what a lovely pattern...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Bonnie Hunter's scrap patterns are the best but always a little complicated!

      Delete
  2. Very colorful, and the more you make the stronger you can see the crosshatch design. Nice to have a long term project, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing my scraps being put to good use! It's a great scrap pattern but takes a little bit of planning to make each block.

      Delete
  3. Fun to use those scraps! Interesting how the pattern plays out as you progress. Something for me to think about one of these days. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Bonnie Hunter scrap patterns! Her patterns are a little more complicated but so worth it when you look at the result!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...