Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Accomplishments


 I finished a few things yesterday. I was in a mood to get things done and I was off. That doesn't always work out that way so I was happy to finish up a few items. I'm done with this month's Color My World BOM. I had to make more houses so now I have a total of 32. I also had to sew them into pairs once I settled on a my setup. 

This picture is before I sewed the pairs of houses together. I left them alone for awhile to see if I had too many of the same color grouped together. I moved a few around but I think I always came back to the same arrangement. I'm all done with this BOM until April. This month seemed to take me awhile.

I also finished machine quilting the baby quilt for my neighbor. I have the binding fabric ready to cut. This was a fun and quick project to work on. I hope she likes it! I'm not sure when her baby is due but I'll deliver it once the birth is announced. 

I just might start a new project! I probably shouldn't since I have 4 quilts to finish on the longarm but I just can't control myself! 

12 comments:

  1. I think your houses are just an amazing piece of work Rosemary--so pretty...the baby quilt is so sweet...it is hard to resist "start-itis";000
    I am re-organizing and trying to fix my stash so I can FIND things...not sewing for bit--my mojo has taken a vacation...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I think a break may be a good think in the long run. It will give you plenty of time to refuel!

      Delete
  2. Your houses are so cute. I know there are times that I put stuff on the design wall and just let it stew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colette! I think that's the great feature of the design wall. You can step back and look at it for as long as you like.

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful houses, but it doesn't look like an easy project to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! Yes, I'm a bit out of my comfort zone but plan to keep going. So far, so good!

      Delete
  4. I love your houses and mariners compass. I am still working on the houses from month one! I am a bit behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deborah! I just finished this month's blocks yesterday. The Mariner's Compass was so quick! I felt that the March houses took me so much long than the January ones. I have no idea why. They weren't any harder.

      Delete
  5. Your houses are amazing. Too crazy for this ole brain to wrap sround but so pretty. The baby quilt is cute too. Cleaning ufos here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn, but the houses are easier than they look! I love seeing you and your ufo's!

      Delete
  6. Your houses appear to be perfect in every way including grouping. Great achievement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! They're paper pieced so they weren't that difficult.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...