Friday, March 26, 2021

Shawls and Kitties


Here's the Forest Frozen Shawl so far. It's a tough pattern but I'm doing okay. The problem is if you drop a stitch, game over. Brioche Knitting is made of stitches with yarn overs. If you drop a stitch, it's very difficult to find exactly what you're looking for. I have tried going backwards one stitch at a time. For some reason, I just can't find my dropped stitch. With luck, I've found 2 dropped stitches but I was surprised each time! It's a bit messy and I'm too new at Brioche Knitting to fix my mistakes. The lifeline has really helped me out. I can rip out to a row where I know exactly where I am in the pattern. The pattern is comprised of a 16 row repeat. It's so easy to get lost! I do love this shawl so I'll continue to keep working on it.

I went to my local quilt shop where I've signed up for my free monthly fabric. This is what I got this month. I love the kitties hanging out with books. Two of my favorites in one fabric! I'm not sure what I'll make with it but I just had to have it!! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I had never done brioche stitch when I was knitting--it is really pretty...
    cute kitty fabric...
    hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I like brioche knitting but I'm still getting the hang of it.

      Delete
  2. Your brioche is beautiful. And those kitties cute but Molly and Lily ate cuter.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...