Thursday, April 1, 2021

I Like Thursday #96

 


Welcome to April and I Like Thursday! LeeAnna, over at Not Afraid of Color, has links for more like minded bloggers trying to be positive and uplifting. Being April 1, the new directions for the Color My World BOM were revealed today. As you can see, I started to add my trees. I'm starting with the trunks first. I started with 2 pairs of houses. There are a total of 16. It really didn't take long to do them and I wasn't sure what to do!


I'm used to making my own binding but that's mainly to finish quilts. The Quilt Show recommended to use this product which I bought a while back. It's 1/4 inch fusible binding and it's so easy! You just peel off the paper, position and iron on. Then you go to the machine and sew down both sides. I enjoyed using it. Very quick! Next, I'll have to applique the trees themselves that I'll probably applique by hand. That's the second step for this month. More on that when I get to it!


I was cleaning when I noticed this little guy looking into my house! My cats didn't see him but I did notice his name is Rusty. I've always called him Blackie! He's just the neighborhood cat that visits from time to time. I think he's looking for Molly and Lily.


Speaking of Molly and Lily, we had them outside in their little houses last week. It was one of those warm days. I always think it's nice for them to go out and get some fresh air. I've tried putting them in the same little house but it's doesn't work out too well! A little fighting seems to go on. 

That's been my week. We're short handed at work. I didn't work anymore hours than usual but my days were all squished together. I was pretty tired after that. I'm just starting to feel normal again. Too many mornings of getting up at 5 is tough for me. I've always been more of a night owl. Enjoy the weekend!


4 comments:

  1. The little houses look interesting. I look forward to see the trees. I like your kitty containers. We've had such nice weather lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kitty beds and how sweet Rusty comes to visit. Work is really cutting in to my time too lately.i think everyone is bustin at the seams to get out and do things. Outside, inside, normal things wr took for granted before covid.even traffic here is nutty again.
    Trying to clean and purge here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I can't wait to retire! Not much longer now. I hope you have a Happy Easter!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...