Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Color My World and Brioche Shawl


 I've been working on Color My World. I have the tree trunks/branches all sewn on the houses. These were so quick and easy. The bias tape has a fusible backing. I ironed it on and then went to the machine and sewed down each edge. Easy peasy! The trees will be next. They sort of look like a green semicircle atop each of the pair of houses. I'll applique them by hand. I find hand applique so fast. Once the tree tops are attached, the houses all have to be sewn together into a circle. I'm not looking forward to that! I just hope they're all the correct size. 


As fast as the trees have been, my knitting is slow but coming along. If you look closely, you can see my lifeline. It's about 1/2 inch below the edge of the knitting needle. As slow as it is, I do like how it's coming out. I should be a Brioche knitting expert by the time this shawl is done!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects!! Those houses are just amazing..you do such lovely work. That shawl looks gorgeous...and tricky, too...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose! The shawl can be a little tough but I'm getting there!

      Delete
  2. Those houses are gorgeous! Love your shawl too, beautiful pattern.

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...