Friday, April 16, 2021

Scrap Pineapple Quilt is Done!


 My Scrap Pineapple quilt is all quilted! I was so glad to take this off of the longarm. Pantographs are so fast. I finished this in less than one week. Not bad for a 90 X 90 quilt!

This is the backing which gives you a better look at the actual quilting. It was made of lots of feathers and swirls. Pantographs make the quilting so even all over the quilt. I can see why some people use pantographs exclusively. 

The green fabric on the left is what I used as the center for each of the pineapple blocks. I couldn't find anymore of this fabric to make the binding. I bought this pretty pink and green Tula Pink fabric. The green is actually much more vibrant than this picture shows. I think it'll be a nice pop of color to finish off this quilt!

9 comments:

  1. So nice...that looks like so much work! Love the quilting of course. If I had a longarm on a frame, pantographs is probably all I would do. Love that even look across a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karin! I'm not as comfortable with a pantograph as I've only used them a few times. However, I love how quick and easy they are. No decisions to be made. You just follow the line.

      Delete
  2. So nice...that looks like so much work! Love the quilting of course. If I had a longarm on a frame, pantographs is probably all I would do. Love that even look across a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay it looks gorgeous. Very pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely finish--and so beautifully quilted, Rosemary...
    I think that fabric will be perfect for the binding...
    almost done--beautiful project hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is awesome. I think the Panto is perfect, and can't wait to see your binding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I'm hoping to get that binding on this week.

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...