Saturday, April 24, 2021

Scrap Log Cabin

 

This is my Scrap Log Cabin so far! It measures 36.5 inches square. I'm having so much fun looking through my scraps and cutting strips when I can. I'm not really paying much attention to light or dark. If I see there's too much dark on one side, I'll make a mental note to add a light one next time. It's very low pressure. I'm just sewing what I like. 


I started off with 2 squares that measured 2.5 inches each. I just added to those 2 squares in a counter clockwise manner. Easy! Sometimes I use full strips but other times I'll piece the strips. It's totally whatever I feel like doing. This will turn out to be a giant log cabin square. I won't even have to sew blocks together. This is just a fun project that helps me use those pesky scraps! I'm not sure how large I'm going to make this. I'm hoping for over 70 inches square. We'll see!!


9 comments:

  1. Really nice and scrappy...looks like a fun project;)))
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I was looking for something scrappy but easy. So far, so good!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Astrid! I love using up that stash!

      Delete
  3. You have wonderful scraps and such a good eye for putting them together. I wish I were better at that part. This is a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jocelyn! The trick is to to think about it too much. Sew fast before you change your mind!

      Delete
  4. Love your scrappy project. Fun fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site. I am hoping to see the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my very own site now ;)
    cash for cars sunshine coast
    cash for scrap cars sunshine coast

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...