Tuesday, April 27, 2021

What I've Been Doing

 

I've been splitting my TV time between knitting my shawl and sewing binding on the Pineapple Quilt. This shawl is coming together nicely. I consider this a long term project at this point. Brioche knitting is never going to be quick for me. However, that's okay. It's such a pretty pattern that I want to take my time and do it right. I'm about half done with the binding on the Pineapple Quilt. That quilt is 90 X 90 so that will also take awhile!


I bought this pattern a few weeks ago. I love patterns by Jaybird Quilts. I have her rulers which make the pattern so much easier. The sizes for this quilt range from mug rug to large lap which is about 74" square. I love that having all these size options. 


I bought this wide back from Keepsake Quilting. They're having a special if you buy a 3 yard bundle. I just couldn't resist this gorgeous fabric! It looks like a water painting. I have 3 quilts to quilt so I took advantage of the sale. I have another backing on the way!

I've been off for a few days but will be back to work tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to that!

 


6 comments:

  1. Your shawl is turning out lovely. Looks like a fun pattern. What pretty fabric, it will be a lovely backing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Brioche knitted shawl is just gorgeous--great work on this!!
    I have never heard of Jaybird patterns...that one looks fascinating...have fun with it hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! Check out her patterns! She has some great ones out there!

      Delete
  3. Pretty shawl. Love your backing fabric. Dont make me go buy some.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! The fabric is on sale so it wouldn't be awful if you bought some!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...