Sunday, May 2, 2021

Two Projects


 How can it be May already?? What happened to April? Anyways, I worked on this scrap project last week and it now measures 48" X 48". I've already started cutting strips for my next sewing session. All the sides will be made from more than one fabric from now on. Maybe I'll use up more scraps this way? I would love to use them up! (Like that's ever going to happen!!)

Since it's now May, the next set of directions for Color My World have been released. We're working on the two sets of roads that connect the Mariner's Compass to the small houses. One set of roads will be for the outer circle of the small houses. I'm working on the inside road first. Since the pieces are very similar in size, I decided to work on one road at a time. I know I'll end up mixing them up so this way should be easier. It will be interesting to have to sew 2 round pieces together. I'll have to take my time and be ready with the seam ripper! I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. I love your scrap project--very pretty...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I hope you enjoyed today's warm temps. It was a bit breezy but I loved the warmth!

      Delete
  2. Your scrap project is so neat. Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska and Ruler Work

 The 4th row for Alaska is ready to be sewn to the rest of the quilt. I saw a picture of Alaska online that included a pieced border using o...