Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Catching up on Projects


 After finishing this month's directions for Color My World, I have shifted my attention to a few of my other projects. This is the backing I bought for the Star Storm quilt I made a while back. It's 108 inches wide so I don't even have to piece the backing! Nice and easy! I still have to wash and dry it. I'm trying to make a map of exactly how I'm going to quilt Star Storm.


Here's the quilt. Once I load it, I want to be able to work from the top down so I'll need to know what design goes where. I need to pre-plan all the quilting. I'll be lost without a road map to guide me.

I'm also making strips of my fabric stash. I need them for my giant Scrap Log Cabin. I haven't working on it since I got the directions for the BOM. Too many projects, not enough time!

Does anyone know why we had that big warning on our blogs last week?? So scary! It looks like they're all back to normal now.

13 comments:

  1. Great backing. I totally get the road map to quilt. Sometimes I just go for it, other times I really plant it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually wing it but I want the lines radiating from the star to all match. Too many decisions!

      Delete
  2. I meant to try the quilt show house quilt but haven't yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little tricky but not that bad. If I can do it, anyone can do it!

      Delete
  3. I'm very taken with your Color My World circular piece. What a feat to get those pieces all together perfectly and flat too! You are an amazing stitcher!
    This backing fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! The directions are so detailed that it wasn't that difficult!

      Delete
  5. Oh my! I love the colorful projects! So beautiful! My jaw actually dropped open when I saw them! Wow....such talent! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love VFW's Star Storm pattern - it's on my bucket list. Yours is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's the only project I've made by VFW. Her instructions are very detailed. It turned out to be much easier than I expected.

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...