Monday, May 31, 2021

Moving into June

I hope you all had a nice Memorial Day. I had to work today but that's okay with me. The weather wasn't the best and my day wasn't too busy. I wanted to show off my brioche shawl now that it's  getting a little bigger! Each row takes a while so it's slow but I'm keeping at it. I really love the look of brioche knitting. I'm still using a lifeline which has proved to be a real help. I've had to use it quite a few times!

The June directions for Color my World came out one day early! As you can see, these are the tall buildings. I have to make 4 houses from each pattern.


I copied the pattern onto the paper side of freezer paper. I made 2 copies of one of the houses. I think it's so much faster to work on 2 at a time. We were told that this part of the quilt is much easier than the previous section. I hope they're right!

4 comments:

  1. I love how those tall houses look..will be looking forward to seeing your color choices for them, Rosemary..
    that shawl is really special--beautiful work...
    hugs for a sunny June...right? Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julierose! June seems nice so far! We'll see!!

      Delete
  2. Wow your brioche knitting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colette! It gets a little easier as I keep working on my shawl.

      Delete

Alaska and Ruler Work

 The 4th row for Alaska is ready to be sewn to the rest of the quilt. I saw a picture of Alaska online that included a pieced border using o...