Monday, May 10, 2021

Color My World BOM - Upper Road


I made half of my upper road today for the Color My World BOM. This road went much faster than expected. I watched the videos that accompany this BOM.  Barbara Black is helping us as we make our way through this quilt. She suggested making 4 copies of the paper pieced pattern so the process would be quicker. 

That's exactly what I did. Each pattern is made up of 6 pieces, 3 black rectangles and 3 "road" pieces. I set up 4 pieces and just fed them through the sewing machine. So fast!! I was done in no time. 

This is just a closeup of the pattern. It's great that making the road was so much easier than I expected. I just hope sewing it onto the houses isn't too difficult! We'll have to see about that!

I hope you all had a nice Mother's Day!

4 comments:

  1. You find the coolest things to work on. Love the way you make it look easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on that roadway--Dawn is right-- you do make it look so easy...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm getting through this quilt a little bit at a time!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...