Sunday, May 23, 2021

A Little Shopping and Sewing




 I got to work on my Scrap Log Cabin a few days ago. It now measures 60" X 60". I'm hoping to make it 80" X 80". That's 5 more strips per side. It works up very quickly. I'm going to try and use whatever fabrics I have on hand for the backing also. I have bought yards of some fabrics that I really had no idea how to use. This might be the time to take them out of the stash and put them to good use! This quilt will be a true scrap quilt!

I bought this cute little sponge to remove stray threads from design walls, clothes, etc. I also heard it's great for pet hair. I have a feeling this sponge will be quite useful!! I hope my two cats didn't hear that!


I had a coupon so I bought this adorable layer cake. I don't usually buy lots of pre-cuts but I just loved the sewing theme and couldn't pass it up! I'm hunting for a nice pattern.

When I went to my local quilt shop a few days ago, it was very crowded and no one was wearing masks except for me and one other customer. It made me a little nervous. I'm fully vaccinated and I know it's okay but I'm just not used to going out without my mask. We have to wear them at work since it's a hospital. I'm going to have to get used to the fact that masks just aren't mandatory anymore. I find it a little scary.


10 comments:

  1. I find that "no mask" scarey too--I am still wearing mine--until I feel a bit safer...I keep on thinking that someone will say "Oops, you should have worn it after all with all these variants around!!" And it will have been too late!! Maybe silly, but who knows, right?

    Anyway....I digress..;)))

    I love your scrap log cabin--I may have to try one of these...
    What size logs are you using? You have kept it really nice and even all around!!
    I have just about used up all my lighter greens and low volume strings now and am going to set them together this week...if i can get myself back into gear...my energy is still pretty low lately...I am thinking it is the reaction to all this past year + of covid....
    Hugs julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a very strange year! I think we're all a little out of sorts. I think we're on our way back to normal but we have to adjust as we make our way back. I love this scrap log cabin project. It's easy and low key! My strips are 2.5 inches. I just cut my yardage or fat quarters. The more scraps I use, the better!

      Delete
  2. Your scrappy log quilt looks so fun. I may need to steal this idea. Lol wedding flowers are done so hoping i can get back to things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! It was fun! So glad you can get back to quilting!

      Delete
  3. I agree. Even though I am fully vaccinated, I don't trust other people to be, nor to take the necessary precautions to keep from getting ill. I am so surprised at how many people are against getting the vaccine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter went out with her friend today and she said so many people are still wearing masks. I don't mind wearing mine. I think we'll have to ease back into not wearing masks. I couldn't wait to get vaccinated. I don't get why you wouldn't want the vaccine either.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, this day is too much good for me, since this time I am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Thanks a lot for massive hard work. Flower Print Sofa Covers

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fitted bed sheets works as a layer between mattress and sheet. Furthermore, fitted sheets are white but now available in a multitude of colors with different patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have also gone through your other posts too and they are also very much appreciate able. Hotel Galaxy offers the best hi tea in karachi for all; be it locals or travelers.

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...