Thursday, June 3, 2021

Color My World BOM Month 6 - Tall Houses


This month, Color My World, introduced us to tall houses. They were very similar to the smaller houses we made a few months ago. They didn't take me very long to make. I had to make 8 total. However, 4 houses have shadows on the left, and 4 houses have shadows on the right. They're to be placed around the large corner buildings that we'll be making soon. I wish I could tell you the size of these houses but they're difficult to measure. I think they're about 9 inches tall. The width increases from top to bottom. The bottom width is about 3 inches. 


This is what I have so far, halfway through this Block of the Month. I really love how it looks! I was a little nervous to make this since I don't have a whole lot of experience with curved piecing. The directions are so thorough and detailed that I haven't had any trouble so far. 

10 comments:

  1. this is really coming together beautifully!! Great work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! You write the best comments!

      Delete
  2. Your brioche shawl is beautiful already Rosemary. Love these houses too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with this project and I would find this so daunting to do! It is GORGEOUS! Love seeing how it progresses! Have a safe and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! It's not as hard as it looks. It's much easier than I expected! I was a little afraid when I started it!

      Delete
  4. Your houses are so colorful! I love it reminds me of pictures I have seen of foreign exotic locales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love that's what it reminds you of!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...